Tuesday, March 8, 2011

YouTube is Their Studio

  



   I love to sing. It's been in my blood since I was born. Before the internet was around, my way or showing the world my love for singing was doing live performances at talent shows or random small concerts around town. It was my of showing everyone my style of music and what kind of music was in me.
   While I was surfing youtube videos early morning, I stumbled upon a few videos of people singing a cover of a song I enjoyed. They had a very well edited video with actual studio equipment and amazing singers. It inspired me to do some recordings as they were able to get over 4 million views in less than 4 months!
   Youtube has made made many music sensations today. Artists such as Justin Bieber and Esmee Denters have signed and made millions just from placing videos on youtube. Bieber and Denters started their webpages early, when youtube was still in it's early pages. Today, both artists have millions of subscribers and Justin Bieber is pretty much littered all over youtube. His music videos have the most hits; his "Baby" video has close to 500 million views!
    It's amazing what these media sites can do to people. I plan to place some videos on youtube as well, but not to get famous, but just because I love to sing and have been harassed by many to do so. I will do it because of the pleasure I get out of it. I hope others will find the same pleasure when listening to me sing.

1 comment:

  1. YouTube has revolutionized the music industry. In the 90's the only way to get publicity with a music video was to get on MTVs Top 20 music countdown. I honestly can't remember that last music video countdown I saw -I don't even think they exist anymore. With YouTube, anyone can get their recordings on the web for people to enjoy. Some people even are becoming famous from racking up millions of views - as you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete