Saturday, February 26, 2011

MyBook?



   As I was finding material on Myspace to do a wiki, I went to the actual Myspace.com website. I looked to the right of the screen and I noticed a bunch of facebook ads. One of them stood out and asked if I wanted to "mash my facebook account"? It is well known that Myspace has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth in terms of being the top social media group it was back in the day. Today, I know for a fact many young and upcoming artists use myspace because it's easier to follow. Many of my friends who put music online tell me that it's much easier to spread the word through myspace because other artists are there to spread the word. Myspace has given artists a sort of "artists protected" feeling and other artists who have given fame due to myspace will continue to spread the word and keep the social media giant strong.

   I think it's pretty smart that myspace is doing whatever it can to keep the myspace brand strong. In terms of trying to attract facebook users and letting them know that they won't have to shut down their facebook account and simply just "mash" them together to keep both social media sites updated. I guess it's a sign of desperation? I bet the only person who doesn't really mind is the actual creator of myspace who collected his 580 million dollars a few years back to Rupert Murdoch.

1 comment:

  1. Even though some say that MySpace isn't as great as it used to be, I will counter that argument. As you mentioned, MySpace is wonderful for bands to get themselves noticed. I feel that MySpace's potential is limited to that aspect- which would result in MySpace not "falling off the map." And from a music artists perspective, MySpace put them on the map.

    ReplyDelete